Every Burdeen’s Pre-Owned Timepiece (POT) purchased is accompanied by either an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) warranty or is covered by a Burdeen’s Pre-Owned Warranty (BPW) for a period of up to twelve (12) months. If your OEM warranty does not cover 12 months, Burdeen’s Limited warranty will make up the remaining balance to equal 12 total months of warranty coverage. Your OEM warranty will supersede your Burdeen's warranty where applicable.
Burdeen’s offers a Limited Warranty on almost every Pre-Owned Timepiece sold on our website, EBAY, C24, or any authorized channel.
The Burdeen’s Pre-Owned Warranty offers a 12-month period of coverage from the date of purchase as listed on your receipt. The information and details from the receipt must match the details in the Point of Sale.
Burdeen’s Warranties are NON-transferrable; All information must match original records for the bill of sale. Burdeen’s Warranty cards MUST be presented when filing a warranty claim. If the warranty card has been altered in any way (information NOT matching Bill of Sale, dates changed, names changed, etc.) the Warranty may be VOID.
The 12-month BPW covers your watch against defects in manufacturing and materials, mimicking the coverage of most OEM warranties. Timepieces marked as "Vintage" are sold as-is. Vintage timepieces are warrantied for Ninety (90) Days from the Date of Purchase for basic time function only. Vintage timepieces under warranty will be serviced to have functioning time with no guarantee of running rate.
What is NOT Covered Under the Burdeen’s Pre-Owned Warranty
- Defects and damages due to loss, theft, flood, earthquake or fire, or other causes beyond our control.
- Defects or damage to any external part, including but not limited to, case, crown, crystal, strap, clasp, or bracelet.
- Defects and damages resulting from misuse or negligence.
- Defects and damages caused by improper use or impact damage (knocks, dents, crushing to the case, crystal, bracelet, or strap)
- Any alterations (functionally or capability) tampering, dismantling, modifications, services, or repairs completed by anyone other than Burdeen’s.
- Defects and damages due to normal wear and tear
- Watches that have had their serial number removed or altered. Any part of the original watch that has been removed, changed, or altered.
- Any issues with timekeeping accuracy that fall within the limits of acceptable industry tolerance.
- Routine maintenance and cleaning
- Charges estimated by OEM repair not authorized by Burdeen's
If your timepiece falls under a remaining OEM warranty, Burdeen’s will submit the warranty claim to the OEM for evaluation and acceptance/rejection of such claims. The warranty terms and conditions, in the event of such claims, are those enumerated in the warranty terms and conditions for each applicable OEM. Watches returning from OEM service will be warranted under the terms and conditions of the OEM’s service warranty; the OEM service warranty then supersedes any expressed terms, conditions, and duration of our pre-owned warranty coverage.
THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND OUR ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. OUR LIABILITY SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID FOR THE DEFECTIVE MERCHANDISE, NOR SHALL WE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT.
How To Obtain Warranty Service
In order to obtain your warranty service, please contact your Sales Professional or call (847) 459-8980
Repair and service time can vary depending on the OEM brand and availability of parts. Typically warranty service repairs require six to eight weeks. Upon completion of watch warranty service, the timepiece will be returned to customer via insured and tracked Overnight delivery.